How to Transfer Everything from Old iPhone to New iPhone 6 or 6 plus easily
Planning on get the new released iPhone 6 (Plus) or iPhone 6S (Plus)? Do you want to move everything from the old one to the new one? No sweat, we’ll walk you through the two absolute easiest and most pain free methods to migrate everything from that old iPhone to the brand spankin new iPhone 6 or 6 plus. Transferring everything from iPhones is a lot like migrating iPads, so if you’ve done that before you’ll be in familiar territory. If this is all completely new to you, don’t worry because it’s very easy.
Solution 1: Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone with iCloud
This is by far the easiest method and it doesn’t require a PC or Mac, but it relies on having iCloud set up on the original device. If you don’t have iCloud set up or you have a slower internet connection, jump to the iTunes method below instead.
- Back up the old iPhone manually with iCloud by opening “Settings, tap “iCloud”, navigate to bottom and tap on “Storage & Backup”, then tap “Back Up Now”
- Boot the iPhone 6 or 6+ and walk through the easy setup, choose either “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Wait until the new iPhone restores from your old iPhone backup, this can take a while depending on the size of your backup, how much stuff you have on the iPhones, and the speed of your internet connection
- When finished, your new iPhone will have everything from the old iPhone and you’re ready to go!
Is that easy or what? If you don’t have iCloud or your internet connection is slower, the iTunes method below is also quite easy.
Solution 2: Migrating an Old iPhone to New iPhone with iTunes
Don’t have iCloud setup? Or maybe you don’t have enough iCloud storage to backup to it? No big deal, you can use iTunes to perform the migration. You’ll need a Mac or PC though, so it’s not quite as automated as the aforementioned iCloud method, but it’s still extremely simple and it may even be faster for some users who have slower broadband connections.
- Back up the older iPhone with iTunes by connecting it to the Mac/PC via USB, launching iTunes, then right-click on the iPhone in the iTunes sidebar and choose Back Up
- Wait for the backup to finish, then disconnect the old iPhone from the computer
- Now turn on the new iPhone, and at the “Set Up iPhone” screen, select “Restore from iTunes Backup”, tap Next, then connect the new iPhone to the computer
- Select the most recent backup you just made from the restore menu in iTunes, then click “Continue”.
- Wait, and when the transfer is finished the iPhone will reboot itself and everything from the old iPhone will be on the new one and ready to go
Solution 3: Transfer Files from Old iPhone to New iPhone 6 in 1 Click with Syncios Phone Transfer
What you need:
Syncios Phone to Phone Data Transfer
Step 1. Run Syncios Phone to Phone Data Transfer
Install the Syncios iPhone Transfer and iTunes on the computer. To transfer iPhone data to iPhone 6, you should click Start button to start data transfer. You'll be popped a Data Transfer window..
Step 2. Connect Two iPhones to Computer
Plug in both your old iPhone and iPhone 6 or 6 plus to computer with Apple USB cables that came with them. The two iPhones will be quickly detected and displayed in the iPhone to iPhone transfer window. You can swap positons by click the button in the middle. Make sure iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 plus displayed in Target phone position. As you see, Syncios lets you transfer contacts, messages, photos, music, video and ebooks to new iPhone 6.
Step 3. Start the old iPhone to iPhone 6 Data Transfer
Just start the data transfer by clicking Start Transfer. Data in your old iPhone will be transferred to new iPhone automatically, you can check the transfer process in the interface. Depends on the file types you selected, the transfer process may take you several minutes. When it's finished, the data on your old iPhone will be transferred to your new iPhone 6 plus.
Supported Phone Devices and iOS Versions
|iPhone||iPhone 7(Plus), iPhone 6 (Plus), iPhone 6S (Plus), iPhone 5S, iPhone 5C, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS|
|Android||Samsung, HTC, LG, Sony, Google, Huawei, Motorola, ZTE, and more Android models.|
|iPad||iPad mini, iPad with Retina display, The New iPad, iPad 2, iPad, iPad mini 3, iPad Air 2|
|iPod||iPod touch 6, iPod touch 5, iPod touch 4, iPod touch 3|
|iOS||iOS 5, iOS 6, iOS 7, iOS 8, iOS 9, iOS 10|
To keep the rented iTunes movie on iPhone 6s or iPad for a longer time, you will be happy to use M4VGear DRM Media Converter which is highly rated as the fastest DRM media converter in the world to remove DRM from both purchased and rented iTunes videos with subtitles and all audio tracks preserved. Try it Now to remove DRM from iTunes rentals for playback on iPhone/ iPad without limitation.
We would be grateful to receive any feedback from you. If you have any inquiry or suggestion about Syncios, let us know in comments.